Thursday, April 17, 2014

DIY : Jewelry Recycle Series Part 4 - Anthropologie Double Pearl Collar Necklace

I've been feeling under the weather lately. Coming down with a cold and flu in the middle of tropical summer in all its glory makes one question their immunity and randomly curse things. Which is why I'm not going to say much today, except that this song has been playing in my head non-stop.

Since you have seen how I've been going nuts over pearls lately,I'm going to jump directly to this recycled DIY Anthro Double Pearl Necklace! This is the one that had me going:





Here's what you'll need:

  • An old choker necklace without its slide or pendant.
  • 2 large reclaimed pearl beads
  • Jewelry cutter and plier
  • Super glue (or E6000)

Step 1: Remove the end clasp and chain from the collar wire with the plier



Step 2: Cut off the ends with a heavy duty wire cutter or jewelry cutter



Step 3: Put a drop of glue at the exposed end and spread in a line, about the size of the pearl, with a toothpick



Step 4: Push the pearl through the end of the collar up till the end is just seen through the other side of the bead.


Step 5: Do the same for the other end and there you have it!




On the bright side, for once, I can see as many movies as I want!

-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment