Sunday, May 18, 2014

DIY Jewelry Recycle Series : Part 5 - JCrew Bubble Neon Necklace

Bright and neon colors are so "in" these days. Every magazine and fashion column one reads advises you to add a "pop of this" or a "pop of that" somewhere or the other. Frankly, I've always been into bright colors and pops. I mean, what's not to love about them? A touch of bright instantly cheers me up, which probably (hopefully) cheers others around me on dull days. Anyhow, my sister came up to me with this lovely Grey JCrew Bubble necklace and asked me if I could add some color to it. 

Here's what you'll need:

  • Old Bubble necklace
  • Hot pink spray paint
  • Painter's tape
  • Another old beaded necklace/beads
  • Jewelry Tools

Step 1: Take apart the chain and bead findings from the necklace, retaining the bubble findings.



Step 2: Cover the bubble encasing with painter's tape as much as possible, to avoid getting paint on it.




Step 3: Spray the bubbles with selected color of paint. Apply thin light coats for most uniform coverage.




Step 4: Allow the paint to dry. Now carefully remove the painter's tape off.




Step 5: Attach the chain finding back to the necklace.




Step 6: Now the choice is yours whether you want to retain the original necklace beads or add in new ones. I had this one necklace with pretty gold beads lying around.




Step 7: Obtain the replacement beads of your choice.




Step 8: Drive in head pins through the beads and attach to the necklace.




Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment