Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY Recycled Skull Studded Scarf

I occasionally, when the time and stars are right, decide to open my closet and put my hand deep in, beyond the darkness. On most days, this activity turns out to be an exercise in futility. On other days though, something pops out that makes me remember "Oh! I have this!". Some of my cupboard conquests turn out to be successful, while others make me think, "What the hell was I thinking?". Some just don't appeal to me as much as they did. These two tops are exactly that.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Unwanted studded clothes
  • Wanted non-studded scarf :)
  • Screwdriver
  • Fabric Glue

Here's how you can do it:
 
Step 1: With a screw-driver, gently push apart the studs from the top. This will work with glued on studs.

 

Step 2: Keep pulling until you have all the studs handy.

 

Step 3: Lay out the scarf on a flat surface.

 

Step 4: With a crayon/glue, mark out the areas on the scarf where you want the studs. I chose a simple symmetric pattern.



 
Step 5: At the marked points, put a 1-2 drops of fabric glue and place the stud straight on.


 

Step 6: Continue the same all over the scarf. Allow to dry for 24 hours and iron on reverse, as per instructions given on the glue.


 

And you have a punk-y studded scarf !


 


No comments:

Post a Comment